Bonjour Timo

Timo is a 27-year-old guy who is giving the blog thing a whirl. He just wants people to know what he's up to.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy 2006


I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve. Mine almost suffered a setback. Dave and I headed to a party in the meatpacking district, but we realized soon enough we were not going to make it to the party in time before midnight. So with four minutes to spare, we ducked into a Mexican restaurant/bar, ordered two shots of tequila, and welcomed 2006 celebrating with people we didn't know. But it didn't matter. New York City is positively the best place to be for New Year's Eve.
Before moving here, three of my visits to New York fell on New Year's Eve so my first impressions of NY are those found around this time of year. It's the energy of the city that I love this time of year. The city is just so full of life and I'm not sure what it is. Christmas shoppers? Tourists? Parties? Maybe I'm imagining this up in my head? The window displays at Bergdorf Goodman certainly contributes to the energy. So does the smell of toasted nuts from a street vendor's cart. A solo visit to the Met Friday night, the day before Christmas Eve is therapeutic. And nothing beats an afternoon stroll through Central or Prospect Park, hot coffee in hand. Maybe it's this time of year that New York is closest to that ideal image of what makes New York the city loved by so many, including myself.
I'm excited to begin 2006 here. I think it will be a good year. I’ll start working and will continue to discover the city. Since 2000, the even numbered years seem to be the better ones for me. I hope i2006 is a good one for you too.

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Yon Saucy Wench said...

Happy New Year, Tim! May the best of 2005 be the worst of 2006 for you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home