Bonjour Timo

Timo is a 27-year-old guy who is giving the blog thing a whirl. He just wants people to know what he's up to.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Ranger Rick Woes


Last September, I wrote an entry about a mouse that entered my Brooklyn home. I have just been alerted that another creature has managed to call chez Timo its home. I’m not kidding when I write that a raccoon was found in my roommate’s bedroom earlier tonight! My roommate Phil called me to say that he heard a noise in our roommate’s room and he entered the room to investigate. He flipped on the lights and a raccoon raced into the closet. Now, instead of running out of the room and screaming like a girl (like I would have done), he walked toward the closet and saw it crawl back into a hole in the wall that probably leads to the attic. Pete, our handyman is coming by tomorrow to seal off the attic.

I lived next to a patch of woods in Eau Claire, Wisconsin for eighteen years and I never encountered a raccoon. The same goes for Madison and Minneapolis. So why do I have to move to one of the largest cities in the world to experience the foul, disgusting stink of a raccoon? And now that I think about it, it gets worse. This morning, I ate a bowl of oatmeal and I took it up to my room. I did not finish the entire bowl and in my haste to leave the house, I left the bowl in my room on my bed. If that bowl is empty when I get home (I’m at the school now), I will have to find a new place to sleep tonight. I’ll let you all know how it turns out.

5 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have long considered raccoons to be my favorite animals, although I've never had one for a pet. I'm surprised you don't share my affection for this lovable animal. Consider it's adorable "bandit" mask, it's delicate hands with which it washes all of it's food, the allure of the coonskin cap. All are really remarkable qualities, unique to your little midnight marauder. I saw one in Minneapolis at twilight last summer across the street from my house. It was a big as my dog and kinda scared the crap out of me.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Timo said...

At least it wasn't a opossum. Those things are so ugly. Have you ever seen one without hair, white in flesh, and that long stringy tail? I'd prefer an encounter with a rat.

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once I was in my garage, rummaging, opening random boxes. I stuck my hand in a box only to discover a mother oppossum and her litter (is that the right term) of babies. And you do not want to piss off a momma 'possum. Luckily my dad came to the rescue with a pitchfork...

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once had a pet raccoon named Charlie...he was soooo cute. Don't hurt the little rascal.

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Racoons used to look at my cats in the windows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home