Bonjour Timo

Timo is a 27-year-old guy who is giving the blog thing a whirl. He just wants people to know what he's up to.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Am I Oblivious to the Fact I'm a Dick?


Last night I went to my friend Billy's new apartment in Hells' Kitchen. He showed me the spot outside his building where he was mugged, then subsequently punched in the nose. Billy does PR for fashion firms and as a result, he missed Fashion Week which is probably the biggest tragedy in all this. Of course this was about ten minutes after I saw someone get the shit kicked out of him on the subway.
We went to Chelsea to Barracuda to meet his friend Tom. The guys in Chelsea are trashy, but hide that they're trashy. I prefer the East Village where the guys are also trashy, but they're not afraid to admit they're trashy. I impressed everyone around me with my knowledge of U.S. state capitals and naming the presidents in order.
The kid came up to me later in the night and said, "You are so adorable!" Wha?? Me? Get hit on? Well, we chatted for about ten minutes. He attends Columbia and is pre-med. We discussed the difference between attending a college town school (Madison) and a big city school (New York). I've been assured that Columbia has a great collegiate vibe, Fordem sort of does, and it's nonexistent at NYU. I pulled out the music question, what music do you like?
Then afterward talking about Franz Ferdinand, he said, "Well, I can tell you don't like me so I'll just leave." I was thinking "Gosh, what did I say? Did I sound completely disinterested? Did I look bored?
I said, "Why do you think I haven't enjoyed this conversation?" No specific examples were available.
"Well, this is kind of awkward," he said.
"Yeah, you're right." And I left for home where I watched The Karate Kid: Part II. Why is it that I thought that movie was so good when I was younger?
Well, if anything good came out of my conversation with ????? (forgot his name), it's that he thought I was 23!

Badgers won again; The new Friendster allows one to see who's viewed your profile! Since Friendster was created to stalk people online, this is a real damper in those efforts. Don't worry. You can change your user settings.

7 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

I love your blog. And you are not a dick.

Love, Kristin

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty people are not allowed to be shy; it's a cruel world.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Timo said...

People who comment are the best kind of people.

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have got to check this out. I love him already.

http://www.bryanboy.com/

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Timo said...

www.bryanboy.com

A friend of mine mentioned this to me a couple weeks ago. I tried to google him to find his site, but couldn’t find it so thanks Jen for alerting me! Bryanboy is a young gay Filipino with a ridiculous amount of money. He uses the money to shop for expensive produits de luxe and party and that’s about it.

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, that kid was weird.

And OMG, I wouldn't have noticed the new friendster feature that allows you to see who's viewed your profile if it weren't for reading it in your blog! Now I will have to be more careful who I stalk!

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim I think there's also an option for viewing peoples friendsters anonymously. So if you're into stalking you can just select to do it anonymously. I prefer to let people know that I'm stalking them online. I like to see the edgy look in their eyes when I corner them in person and pretend like I haven't been stalking them.

Love,
Your Stalker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home