Bonjour Timo

Timo is a 27-year-old guy who is giving the blog thing a whirl. He just wants people to know what he's up to.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Summer in the City


Yesterday, I went to the M.I.A. concert in Central park. It's all part of the Summerstage concert series that goes on every summer. All the shows are free with a few exceptions. Donations and corporate sponsorships alone do not pay for the series so my ticket to next week's Death Cab for Cutie and Decemberists show cost some bucks. Actually, I got the tickets as an early, early birthday gift. Thanks Sheebs! The previous night, I attended the Saturday night party MisSHAPES at Luke and Leroy's where my favorite M.I.A. song was played so I was plenty pumped to see the Sri Lankan babe shake it live. Three opening acts later, M.I.A. finally arrived, but I think a lot of the crowd had lost its energy after so many opening acts. By the third opening act, an US Weekly dated early June 2005 that I stole from an Upper East Sider's recycling bundle entertained me more than the DJ spinning beats. Highlight of the show was the drunk guy in his underwear (pictured) who jumped on stage to dance for a few seconds before being whisked away by security. All said, I saw the opening acts perform for two and a half hours and M.I.A. perform for 35 minutes. :( The night ended at LES's Barrio Chino where the stiffest margarita of my life was served to me. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home