Bonjour Timo

Timo is a 27-year-old guy who is giving the blog thing a whirl. He just wants people to know what he's up to.

Friday, August 05, 2005

A Star is Born!

So I was in a movie yesterday. Sort of... Though I wasn't provided with an exact title, I imagine I played the role of audience member #147. When I obtained tickets to see "Last Call with Carson Daly" (not recommended) in April, I must have been placed on a list and this same list contacted me to be an extra. I could bring a friend too so I brought Sheebs.

The film is called "Shut Up and Sing!" It's about this a capella group who performed at their ivy league university back in the day. Now, 15 years later, they meet up at a wedding to reminisce and re-examine where they are in life. Very The Big Chillish. The film is one of those low budget movies that hopes to get into a few film festivals, win some recognition, then go on to become a blockbuster. Who's in it? The producer guy from the the NBC comedy, "Good Morning Miami." The goofy office worker from ABC's Spin City is in it too. The main character is David Harbour who Sheebs and I saw earlier this year on Broadway in the revival of Edward Albee's "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" also starring the wonderful Kathleen Turner. The a capella songs in the film were written by a former member of Rockapella. Don't remember Rockapella? They were the group that provided clues and sang on the PBS show, "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" This experience taught me that movie making is a long tedious process. It's a lot of waiting, repeating, and yelling. I think I'll stick with international trade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home