Bonjour Timo

Timo is a 27-year-old guy who is giving the blog thing a whirl. He just wants people to know what he's up to.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Part Deux: Wisconsin


I'm back in New York and I'm exhausted. Still, I must inform my faithful readers (all three of you) of my maniac Midwest trip. I want to thank Joe, Nate, and especially Scotty for braving the Wisconsin Northwoods with me last week, even if it didn't go exactly as planned.
Day one: The boys arrived in Eau Claire and we headed to Holcombe, but not before missing our exit and finding ourselves in Thorp, home of the legendary Thorpedo Restaurant. Oh well, more driving practice time for me I suppose. We arrived at the park and went to work setting up our new home. The beer can holding, spare-tired park custodian Gary quickly became our new friend. The day ended by grilling cheddarwurst brats, sitting around a campfire, and playing games that recall the days of 6th grade.
Day two: Rain. Confined to the screen tent, we played Clue (it was Prof. Plum with the candlestick in the ballroom) and Pictionary. Then it was time to take a break. Some of us needed to use the pit toilet. Others went to the tent and found two miniature lakes developing inside soaking our sleeping bags. And still raining. Time for plan B. We hastily packed everything up and headed north to Joe's parent's cabin in Hayward. There, we upgraded to a cute cabin, a clear lake, and monster bonfire pit. The trip was saved!
Day three: Typical lake fun. Went "toonin'" around the lake and lasted about 30 minutes swimming in its icy waters. After a long adventure in the Northwoods, it was time to say goodbye. It was also time to say goodbye to my parents who teared up as we hugged. The rest of the trip was spent in Minneapolis with Jason, laughing with friends, shopping at the M.O.A., and watching The Lord of the Rings. It took awhile, but the trilogy is finally complete! All in all, it was a wonderful week spent with wonderful people. Thanks everyone!

Truth or Dare is a fun game.

decapitated deer=priceless cabin decor


Forcefeeding Scotty with acorns

It's been a long weekend...

1 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bookmarked your blog, so now you will have 4 faithful readers. Keep me updated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home