Bonjour Timo

Timo is a 27-year-old guy who is giving the blog thing a whirl. He just wants people to know what he's up to.

Monday, July 25, 2005

The World is Flat



I just completed Thomas Friedman's latest, "The World is Flat" in which he describes the new flat world in which we now live. By flat, he means to say that the playing field among the world's population has grown thanks to advances in technology. About a half hour later, my own world became flattened. I received a phone call from Kyle (above) who lives in Paris. Turns out Franz who has been studying in Paris this summer was over for a visit and they decided to give me a call. We eventually moved the conversation over to Skype, a program that allows two users to use their computers as phones. Best part about Skype, it's free. Then Megan, my favorite West Bender turned Parisienne, dropped by to visit. Kyle turned on his webcam so I could see everyone. And there we all were, four UW alumni, veterans of the Spring 2000 Semester in Paris having an old fashioned, digitalized transcontinential jam session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home