Bonjour Timo

Timo is a 27-year-old guy who is giving the blog thing a whirl. He just wants people to know what he's up to.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Oh My Mapplethorpe



Today Sheebs and I went to the Guggenheim to check out the "Robert Mapplethorpe and the Classical Tradition" exhibit. Pretty good stuff, especially if you love graphic male nudity. Okay, it's more than that... Comparing Mapplethorpe's photography (something I know little about) to Italian Mannerist painting (something of which I have an understanding) was the most interesting part for me. Now that I've demonstrated some pretension, I can move on. After the museum, we strolled down 3rd Ave and ate at Gobo, a vegetarian restaurant. Perusing the menu, I determined the veggie burger and yucca fries would be my best bet for a meal both filling and cheap. I must admit, I'm intrigued by the veggie burger now. After eating the burger, the food sat peacefully in my stomach. It wasn't like last time I ate a hamburger when I felt like the meat I had just swallowed was going to act like an unwanted houseguest, overstaying its visit in my small intestine. Maybe I'd make a good vegetarian, but chicken fingers dipped in honey mustard sauce taste too damn good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home