Bonjour Timo

Timo is a 27-year-old guy who is giving the blog thing a whirl. He just wants people to know what he's up to.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Me so Moral





Today I went to the post office to mail a book/gift to friend Anne. Or should I say Anne, M.A.? I bought an envelope to ship the book and used a twenty dollar bill for the $1.49 purchase. The cashier gave me $28.51 back in change. And it's not like she gave me an extra ten dollar bill. She gave me ten singles! I had a wallet packed with a ten dollar bill and eighteen singles. It was nice that I had to make that extra effort in shutting my wallet. Kind of like those hand exercisers that don't really exercise anything meaningful. So I addressed the envelope, and returned to the window. Having paid for the postage, I was left with a moral dilemma, Dr. Laura style. Pocket it? Fess up? I mean, there's a lot that one can buy with $10. I could go out and buy some expensive ice cream with Godiva chocolate bits, something I would never normally buy. I could go to the Phoenix for tomorrow's dollar beer blast and buy five beers (gotta tip!). Even a shirt from H&M can cost less than 10 bucks! Well damn my elementary parochial school education! I alerted the cashier of her error and she apologized with embarrassment. I decided to take a chance on karma today, so something big and exciting should fall into my lap pretty soon.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Tim, I'm so glad you made the right choice! As I was reading this blog I was worried whether or not our hero would make the right choice or not. I feel ya on this one, ultimately, our karma follows us wherever we go. Way to be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home