Bonjour Timo

Timo is a 27-year-old guy who is giving the blog thing a whirl. He just wants people to know what he's up to.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Mama, I'm Comin' Home


Yeah! I purchased my flight for my Wisconsin Northwoods/Minneapolis week of fun. I'll be flying out on August 22nd and returning August 29th. I'm most excited to hang out at Pine Point County Park located on majestic Lake Holcombe. Okay, I don't know how majestic it is, but it's a lake the Kent family has enjoyed for three generations. My grandparents camped there with my dad when he was a kid. We frequently camped there as I was growing up, and now I tell friends it's the best place to camp in Chippewa County. I took a group of skeptical friends to Lake Holcombe in high school. We participated in the usual "Look at us! We’re so cool because we're smoking cigarettes" bit. We must have scored beer because I remember choreographing an interpretive dance to Frank Sinatra's "Strangers in the Night" where members of the camping party emerged from the shadows and walked slowly toward the campfire. You know, today that sounds less like interpretive dance and more like devil worship. Skinny-dipping to R.E.M.'s "Nightswimming"-that was pretty cool too. Anyway, we had a lot of fun and I'm sure the Minneapolis friends version will be just as fun. Things I will do on this camping trip: 1) Eat bacon fried in a pan over a gas stove, 2) play truth or dare and discover Nate's sordid past, and 3) drink a case of Leinie's Red.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home